Lopetegui: "If you don't punish Real Madrid they'll punish you"
Sevilla's coach analysed his team's defeat at the Sánchez Pizjuán: "It's a shame that we didn't take at least a point from the game".
Sevilla coach Julen Lopetegui reflected on last night's 0-1 defeat to Real Madrid - the first time his side have been beaten this season: "The team battled right up until the end, there were situations in which we could have been more decisive in the final pass and it's just a shame that we didn't get at least a point from the game," Lopetegui said. "It was a very even game in every aspect but decided by small details - if you don't punish Real Madrid, they'll punish you".
Decided by details
Lopetegui was booked for protesting to the referee half an hour into the game. "Our idea was to finish off our moves with shots on goal and imposing our attacking style on Madrid but it didn't turn out that way. You need to mafe the right choices when you are in on goal but I was happy with the effort we put in," the coach explained. "The booking? Maybe I deservedit for protesting but there was also some tugging going on but now's not the time to be talking about the refereeing. We went into the game wanting to win, we were feeling hopeful of getting a result. But Real Madrid are a great side and in the end it was tiny details which edged it their way. Now we have to pick ourselves up as we have another important game in Eibar on Thursday - this doesn't stop here, we have to keep going".
The coach was greeted by Madrid captain and ex-Sevillista, Sergio Ramos. "We have a good relationship. He always greets me and I returned the gesture in the same, friendly way".
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live