Lopetegui: "If you don't punish Real Madrid they'll punish you"
Sevilla's coach analysed his team's defeat at the Sánchez Pizjuán: "It's a shame that we didn't take at least a point from the game".
Sevilla coach Julen Lopetegui reflected on last night's 0-1 defeat to Real Madrid - the first time his side have been beaten this season: "The team battled right up until the end, there were situations in which we could have been more decisive in the final pass and it's just a shame that we didn't get at least a point from the game," Lopetegui said. "It was a very even game in every aspect but decided by small details - if you don't punish Real Madrid, they'll punish you".
Decided by details
Lopetegui was booked for protesting to the referee half an hour into the game. "Our idea was to finish off our moves with shots on goal and imposing our attacking style on Madrid but it didn't turn out that way. You need to mafe the right choices when you are in on goal but I was happy with the effort we put in," the coach explained. "The booking? Maybe I deservedit for protesting but there was also some tugging going on but now's not the time to be talking about the refereeing. We went into the game wanting to win, we were feeling hopeful of getting a result. But Real Madrid are a great side and in the end it was tiny details which edged it their way. Now we have to pick ourselves up as we have another important game in Eibar on Thursday - this doesn't stop here, we have to keep going".
The coach was greeted by Madrid captain and ex-Sevillista, Sergio Ramos. "We have a good relationship. He always greets me and I returned the gesture in the same, friendly way".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?