Lopetegui: "If you don't punish Real Madrid they'll punish you"
Sevilla's coach analysed his team's defeat at the Sánchez Pizjuán: "It's a shame that we didn't take at least a point from the game".
Sevilla coach Julen Lopetegui reflected on last night's 0-1 defeat to Real Madrid - the first time his side have been beaten this season: "The team battled right up until the end, there were situations in which we could have been more decisive in the final pass and it's just a shame that we didn't get at least a point from the game," Lopetegui said. "It was a very even game in every aspect but decided by small details - if you don't punish Real Madrid, they'll punish you".
Decided by details
Lopetegui was booked for protesting to the referee half an hour into the game. "Our idea was to finish off our moves with shots on goal and imposing our attacking style on Madrid but it didn't turn out that way. You need to mafe the right choices when you are in on goal but I was happy with the effort we put in," the coach explained. "The booking? Maybe I deservedit for protesting but there was also some tugging going on but now's not the time to be talking about the refereeing. We went into the game wanting to win, we were feeling hopeful of getting a result. But Real Madrid are a great side and in the end it was tiny details which edged it their way. Now we have to pick ourselves up as we have another important game in Eibar on Thursday - this doesn't stop here, we have to keep going".
The coach was greeted by Madrid captain and ex-Sevillista, Sergio Ramos. "We have a good relationship. He always greets me and I returned the gesture in the same, friendly way".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?