Cristiano Ronaldo misses The Best FIFA awards
The Juventus striker decided not to attend FIFA’s gala event at Milan's Teatro La Scala. Barcelona’s Messi took The Best award for men's player, ahead of Ronaldo and Liverpool’s Van Dijk.
Cristiano Ronaldo will not be attending FIFA’s The Best award ceremony. The Juventus and Portugal forward is up for The Best prize as the outstanding player of 2018-19, alongside Liverpool’s Van Dijk and Barcelona’s Messi.
Juventus confirmed that Ronaldo will miss the trip to play Brescia in the league on Tuesday night as he is suffering from muscle fatigue having played three times in eight days.
Cristiano Ronaldo avoids The Best... again
This is the second consecutive year that Cristiano Ronaldo has spurned his invitation to the gala event, having decided not to go last year to the ceremony in London. Messi also missed the event last year, with both players heavily criticised for their absence. Ronaldo was nominated for the Best award last year, which went to Real Madrid player Luka Modric, with Messi not making the three-man shortlist.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?