Cristiano Ronaldo misses The Best FIFA awards
The Juventus striker decided not to attend FIFA’s gala event at Milan's Teatro La Scala. Barcelona’s Messi took The Best award for men's player, ahead of Ronaldo and Liverpool’s Van Dijk.
Cristiano Ronaldo will not be attending FIFA’s The Best award ceremony. The Juventus and Portugal forward is up for The Best prize as the outstanding player of 2018-19, alongside Liverpool’s Van Dijk and Barcelona’s Messi.
Juventus confirmed that Ronaldo will miss the trip to play Brescia in the league on Tuesday night as he is suffering from muscle fatigue having played three times in eight days.
Cristiano Ronaldo avoids The Best... again
This is the second consecutive year that Cristiano Ronaldo has spurned his invitation to the gala event, having decided not to go last year to the ceremony in London. Messi also missed the event last year, with both players heavily criticised for their absence. Ronaldo was nominated for the Best award last year, which went to Real Madrid player Luka Modric, with Messi not making the three-man shortlist.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd Protests Trump threatens to use the U.S. military if governors can’t contain the violent protests
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: plans for second Economic Impact Payment
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd protests: Trump takes shelter in White House bunker
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League clubs to vote on relegation plans amid financial concerns