Cristiano Ronaldo misses The Best FIFA awards
The Juventus striker decided not to attend FIFA’s gala event at Milan's Teatro La Scala. Barcelona’s Messi took The Best award for men's player, ahead of Ronaldo and Liverpool’s Van Dijk.
Cristiano Ronaldo will not be attending FIFA’s The Best award ceremony. The Juventus and Portugal forward is up for The Best prize as the outstanding player of 2018-19, alongside Liverpool’s Van Dijk and Barcelona’s Messi.
Juventus confirmed that Ronaldo will miss the trip to play Brescia in the league on Tuesday night as he is suffering from muscle fatigue having played three times in eight days.
Cristiano Ronaldo avoids The Best... again
This is the second consecutive year that Cristiano Ronaldo has spurned his invitation to the gala event, having decided not to go last year to the ceremony in London. Messi also missed the event last year, with both players heavily criticised for their absence. Ronaldo was nominated for the Best award last year, which went to Real Madrid player Luka Modric, with Messi not making the three-man shortlist.
Te recomendamos en English
- Brazil vs Argentina Brazil vs Argentina: most valuable starting XIs
- Brazil Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar: Pelé picks his preferred partner
- Barcelona Barcelona: Luis Suárez says Camp Nou need to find a new striker
- PSG Mbappé: PSG star to ignore Real Madrid and stay in Paris
- International football Maradona, Pelé: Brazil Argentina all-time best combined XI
- International Friendly Gaza violence puts Argentina-Uruguay friendly under threat