Josef Martinez picks up his third Player of the Week award
The Atlanta United striker receives the POTW award after scoring twice during the MLS week 29 double session despite leaving Saturday's match injured.
Josef Martinez would probably like to forget all about MLS Week 29 after he suffered a scary knee injury that could have meant the end of the season for him, but despite it all, the Atlanta United striker picked up the Player of the Week award, his third of the season.
Martinez' two goals in the midweek game against FC Cincinnati earned him the award, extending his scoring streak to 15 games.
During the 3-1 victory over San Jose Earthquakes, Josef failed to get on the scoreboard putting an end to his consecutive games scoring run, and had to leave the game in a stretcher after colliding with a teammate. That knee injury will have him out of action for several weeks, but he'll be back in time for the post-season.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January