Zidane without any left-backs after Mendy misses training
The French left-back didn't take part in the last training session before tomorrow's game against Osasuna due to muscular problems. Marcelo remains sidelined...
Zidane didn't have time to savour Sunday's win at the Sánchez Pizjuán. And when Osasuna visit the Bernabéu tomorrow night, he will probably have to improvise at left back because Ferland Mendy missed today's training session after suffering twinges. The club has yet to issue a medical report to explain what kind of injury the French defender has.
Marcelo and Mendy to miss Osasuna visit
Mendy was one of the key players in Sunday's win at Sevilla. He was brought in to replace Marcelo, who remains sidelined and trained apart today. Zidane has a number of options to fill in at left-back against Osasuna - Nacho, who has slotted in at left-back before, is the natural solution. Another alternative would be to draft in someone from Castilla. None of the reserves were involved in this morning's session but Raúl has two players who might fit the bill: Fran García and Javi Hernández. And while it seems highly unlikely he would resort to such a measure, there is always Gareth Bale, who started out as a full-back... Zidane clearly would prefer to have Bale in attack and now isn't the time to be experimenting.
On a happier nore for the coach, Isco is available again. The midfielder trained as normal today and could enter the squad list which will be announced after Zidane's press conference.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move