What Christian Pulisic needs to do to be back in Chelsea's XI
The USMNT international is going through a tight spot with the Blues, staying on the bench for three consecutive games. He'll get a new chance to prove his value on Wednesday.
Christian Pulisic had to endure his third straight game as an unused sub in Chelsea's 2-1 loss against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, and even though Frank Lampard didn't exactly explain why the 73-million-dollar signing remained on the bench for the third time in a row, he did dismiss reports saying Pulisic hasn't settled into life at Chelsea.
With Callum Hudson-Odoi and Ruben Loftus-Cheek on the road to recovery and almost ready to be back, with Willian and Pedro back to fitness, and Frank Lampard opting for experience rather than youth, what are Pulisic's chances with Chelsea now?
Pulisic's next chance to get back on the field will be against Grimsby Town in the League Cup on Wednesday, an opportunity he needs to take and stop playing it safe since glimpses of quality and talent won't be enough to land a secure sport in Lampard's line-up.
The Premier League pace is quicker than what Pulisic was used to with Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga, so his plentiful backward and sideways passes won't be enough to become a regular - he needs to take more risks if he wants to impress Lampard.
The 21-year-old winger is facing the biggest test in his career so far, and as long he is focused and makes the most out of the opportunities coming his way and steps up his game, the US international could become an essential asset in Lampard's squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021