Santiago Solari edging closer to Inter Miami role
The former Real Madrid player and coach has become the front runner for the managerial position at David Beckham's MLS franchise.
Inter Miami is getting ready for their inaugural season in 2020, and rumors continue to swirl as to who David Beckham will sign to play and who will manage the side. The latest person linked with the managerial role at David Beckham's MLS team, is former Real Madrid coach, Santiago Solari.
Sam Stejskal from The Athletic confirmed talks between Solari and the Florida side, with the Argentine strategist in pole position to become the first ever manager of the club, ahead of names like Carlo Ancelotti or Gennaro Gatusso, who have also been linked.
As first reported last week by @CarlitosSuarez, sources tell me that Inter Miami are indeed talking with ex-Real Madrid manager Santiago Solari about becoming the club's first head coach. Solari and Beckham were Madrid teammates for two years.— Sam Stejskal (@samstejskal) September 24, 2019
Solari coached Real Madrid last year for 32 games before Zinedine Zidane returned to salvage a terrible season. He won 22 of those with two draws, and eight defeats.
Santiago Solari is fluent in English, which will come in handy if he finally ends up being appointed as the first manager in Inter Miami's history, and with the initial burst of signings containing several young South Americans, putting a fellow South American in charge would also help them to inegrate into the squad in their quest to win games and fans in their first MLS campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"