Two men charged with armed robbery over Özil and Kolasinac incident
The Arsenal players were targeted in an incident on Platts Lane, Hampstead, north-west London on July 25.
Two men have been charged following an attempted robbery of Arsenal stars Mesut Özil and Sead Kolasinac.
Two men charged with attack
Özil and Kolasinac were targeted in an incident on Platts Lane, Hampstead, north-west London on July 25. The Met police released a statement on Tuesday to confirm charges were brought against Ashley Smith, 30, and Jordan Northover, 26.
Both men have charged with attempted robbery and threatening a person with an offensive weapon in a public area.
Mr Smith, of Cardinals Way, north London, faces an additional charge of possession of cannabis and has been remanded in custody. He will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Thursday October 3.
Mr Northover, of West Yorkshire, is due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court via video link on Wednesday.
Kolasinac and Özil missed the beginning of the Premier League season due to fears over their security after the incident, but have since returned to the side.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ligue 1 Mbappé and Neymar on target to secure PSG win
- Ballon d'Or Mane snubbed for being African, claims Kouyate
- REAL MADRID Sancho, Vinicius, Joao Felix: in that order for Zidane
- BARCELONA Barça renew Ansu Fati and increase release clause to €170M
- Rapinoe asks Ronaldo and Messi to 'help' in fight against racism, sexism
- REAL MADRID “Florentino's arrival at Madrid was a turning point for the club" - Butragueño