Morata set to miss Madrid derby, after Atlético striker sees red at Mallorca
Atlético Madrid look set to be without one of their main strikers for the crucial showdown with Real Madrid at the Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday.
Alvaro Morata is set to miss the crunch derby against Real Madrid this weekend, after the Spanish striker was sent off in Atlético Madrid’s 2-0 win over Mallorca on Tuesday.
Strike partners Diego Costa and Joao Felix sealed Los Rojiblancos’ first victory since Eibar on 1 September, with respective goals coming in the 26th minute and 64th minute at the Iberostar Stadium.
But celebrations for Atlético's travelling conitigent were dampened when Morata was given his marching orders by Alejandro Hernandez in the 77th minute, after the striker received two yellow cards in the space of two minutes, following arguments with Mallorca's Xisco Campos and the referee.
With LaLiga set to suspend Morata for at least one game, Atléti coach Diego Simeone will be without one of his main strike men for the crucial showdown with Zinedine Zidane’s side at the Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday – which will potentially be a battle between first and second in LaLiga. Although, Atlético will have the opportunity to appeal the decision.
Atléti's city rivals currently sit top of LaLiga following the home win over Osasuna with the Colchoneros currently in second place with a 1st vs. 2nd duel on Saturday adding yet another layer of drama to this eagerly anticipated fixture.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Can I cash someone else’s stimulus check in the US?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: Is it safe to fly during Covid-19?
- CORONAVIRUS $600 unemployment benefits boost: when does it end, will it be extended?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: What does 'Stop Payment Indicator' mean?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man United: Get Pogba out for player with desire, says Sheringham
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: can Social Security beneficiaries get the payment?