Barcelona fined 300 euros over Griezmann 'tapping up'
The Spanish disciplinary committee have confirm that the Catalan club will be fined a fee of 300 euros but the club escape a one game Camp Nou closure.
Spain's disciplinary committee have confirmed that FC Barcelona will be fined a sum of 300 euros for irregularities surrounding the signing of Antoine Griezmann. The striker's former club Atlético Madrid maintain that the Catalan club were actively negotiating with the player at a point in time when his buyout clause was that of 200 million euros and not the reduced 120 million euros which eventually triggered his move.
The Catalan club escape the Camp Nou being closed for one game as was suggested by judge Juantxo Landaberea earlier this month.
As an alternative to closing the stadium the judge proposed fining FC Barcelona 300 euros for contravening articles 88 and 126 of the Spanish Football Federation's Disciplinary Code. The minuscule amount of the fine appears to be in line with the regulations, which only allow for financial penalties of an extremely small amount.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid