Neymar skips Barcelona court date, parties with Brazilian pals
Despite travelling to Spain as his lawyers sought to settle his dispute with Barcelona, Neymar didn't actually turn up at the Ciutat de la Justicia.
This week has brought the latest chapter in the surreal story that is Barcelona and Neymar.
During the summer's negotiations over a move back from Paris Saint-Germain, Barça wanted the forward to drop his lawsuit over money he says he is owed by the club - but, with transfer talks not reaching fruition, the conflict rumbles on.
Neymar in Barcelona - but not in court
On Thursday, the two parties came together in a Barcelona courtroom in a bid to settle the dispute, which relates to an unpaid loyalty bonus worth 26 million euros.
As the two parties' legal teams tried - and failed - to reach an agreement, what most caught the eye was that, despite travelling to the Catalan capital, Neymar didn't actually put in an appearance at the city's Ciutat de la Justicia.
Neymar goes out with Toiss, Arthur and Baptistao
Neymar, who had arrived in Barcelona to a media scrum, went out to a prominent city nightspot in the evening, accompanied by two of his ever-present gang of pals, known as the 'Toiss', and fellow Brazilian footballers Arthur and Leo Baptistao.
The PSG player, who took to Instagram to post images of the night out, then flew back to Paris on Friday as the lawyers continued to argue the case.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win