Neymar ready to pardon Barcelona on one condition
According to Spanish station Cadena SER, the Brazilian's representatives met with the Barça president in an attempt to prevent need for court case.
Neymar was willing to forgive FC Barcelona for the amount that he claimed they owed him from a renewal bonus back in 2016. For this to happen, though, there was a condition: the Catalan club had to commit to signing the Brazilian and, put that commitment in writing, according to Cadena SER.
Barça-Neymar: no pre-trial deal reached
The report by the Spanish channel states that both the player's representatives and the club tried to reach an agreement to avoid the trial, but with that failing the court case is now underway. The key to the player 'giving up' the sum of around 43 million euros is that he expected to earn that amount with a return to the Camp Nou. However, getting the commitment in writing was nigh on impossible.
#EnPortada— Cadena SER (@La_SER) September 27, 2019
👉 La alcaldesa de Móstoles se aferra al cargo aunque está "muy cabreada" consigo misma
👉 Neymar propuso al Barça renunciar a 43 millones si volvía a ficharle
👉 El Gobierno atajará cualquier desafío en Cataluña con la aplicación del 155
En https://t.co/eHfGNczvGh pic.twitter.com/IXO2f9xxwF
With him already having a contract in place with PSG, and the fact that Barça would have to have the necessary funds set aside to undertake the operation, this did not happen.
With proceedings taking place in Barcelona, Neymar has not yet appeared at the trial although was pictured out and about with Arthur, Leo Baptistao and friends in the city.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"