Team news: Real Madrid almost at full strength for derby
Mendy and Asensio look set to be the only two players unavailable to the Zidane ahead of the difficult contest at the Wanda Metropolitano
Real Madrid trained on Friday morning for the just the second and last time this week having Saturday's crunch derby with Altético firmly and solely on the mind.
The injured Marco Asensio and Ferland Mendy did not attend the session, nor did Rodrygo, who trained with Castilla after having participated with the first team yesterday following his spectacular 93-second debut LaLiga goal on Wednesday against Osasuna.
Modric, Isco and Marcelo close to making squad
The returning Luka Modric, Isco and Marcelo trained as normal with their team mates. Modric and Isco continued to get up to speed following their recovery from respective injuries, and, if coach Zinedine Zidane sees it fit, will make the squad for the short trip to the Wanda Metropolitano. Marcelo was also seen training as normal in the 15 minutes of the session open to the media and could also be recalled by Zidane.
With those three likely to make the squad, it means that Mendy and Asensio will be the only two players unavailable to the French coach ahead of the difficult contest at the Wanda, where Diego Simeone’s side will be vying for more blood following their 7-3 destruction of their bitter city rivals in New Jersey in the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's happening with GameStop stocks, Wall Street and Reddit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020