Carles Pérez renews with Barcelona till 2022
The young striker has found himself a place in Valverde's first team and has put pen to paper on a contract that contains a €100-million buy-out clause.
FC Barcelona announced on Friday the contract extension of young forward Carles Pérez, on a new three year deal.
New hope Perez extends
Perez was in the last year of his contract but has committed his future to the Camp Nou club through to 2022. The professional contract that he signed just over a year ago included a buy-out clause of 100 million euros, and this has been maintained.
We’re extending Carles Pérez’s contract by two years. We’re also reinforcing our ties to a player from La Masia. Congratulations, Carles! pic.twitter.com/ngTAkwu42q— Josep Maria Bartomeu (@jmbartomeu) September 27, 2019
Injuries to fellow attackers Lionel Messi, Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé have led to more opportunities for the 21-year-old this season. He has made five LaLiga appearances and scored his first Barcelona goal in the 5-2 rout of Real Betis.
Barcelona, seeking a third consecutive title under Ernesto Valverde, are sixth in the LaLiga table after a 2-1 win over Villarreal last time out.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Champions League draw: who can play who?
- EURO 2020 Spain to host Cristiano's Portugal in final Euro 2020 warm-up
- Carvajal tells Mbappe: The best play for Real Madrid
- LIVERPOOL Minamino: RB Salzburg confirm Liverpool talks for midfielder
- Champions League Juventus: Sarri eager to face José Mourinho in Champions League
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Carvajal up for Mbappé move and Cristiano final