Ansu Fati misses Getafe trip after picking up a knee injury
Ousmane Dembélé enters the list despite his recent physical problems. Rakitic, who was dropped against Villarreal, also makes the provisional 19-man squad.
Barcelona's injury woes with their forwards continue to mount. The club's medical department confirmed this evening that Ansu Fati won't be making the trip to Getafe as he is suffering pains to the patellar tendon in his right knee. The teenager joins Leo Messi on the sidelines - the Argentinean was unable to take part in Tuesday's meeting with Villarreal after suffering a groin injury.
Ansu Fati will pains to his right knee
The two-line medical report issued by Barcelona simply explained that Ansu Fati would miss the Getafe game and his progress would be monitored over the next few days. The player noticed twinges during the Champions League clash with Borussia Dortmund last week and was taken off before the hour mark. Fati and Messi join Umtiti and Jordi Alba in the Barça casualty room.
Ernesto Valverde has named a 19-man squad for the Getafe game but one player will be dropped on the day of the game:
Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen, Neto.
Defenders: Semedo, Piqué, Todibo, Wague, Lenglet, Junior.
Midfielders: Rakitic, Busquets, Arthur, Aleñá, Sergi Roberto, Arturo Vidal, De Jong.
Forwards: Suárez, Dembélé, Griezmann, Carles Pérez.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem