Conte: Inter Milan will help struggling Alexis rediscover his missing brilliance
Inter Milan' Chilean forward Alexis Sánchez has only played 17 minutes this season but the club's coaching staff are working hard to help back to form.
Inter Milan head coach Antonio Conte says the club are working hard to help Alexis Sánchez rediscover his golden touch. Alexis joined Inter on a season-long loan from Manchester United in a bid to revive his career after a substantial dip in form at Old Trafford, having previously impressed for Arsenal. However, the Chile international has managed a combined total of just 17 minutes in two substitute appearances for Inter this season.
Conte has promised the forward more game time in the near future as Inter seek to reinvigorate the 30-year-old's fortunes on the pitch. "It is up to us to help him find the form and the brilliance he has lost a little," Conte told a news conference on Friday, ahead of Inter's match with Sampdoria. "Alexis is a footballer who has certain characteristics. He is a tough player, and sooner or later you will see him on the pitch. Each of us has room for improvement. For some it will be a path that is more simple; for others more complex. We have room for improvement in everything and my job is to try to improve the players in all aspects. I am always very cautious; we need to improve in everything and do not think that it comes with the magic wand and everything improves."
Inter's perfect start
Unbeaten Inter are top of Serie A having chalked up five straight victories, although Conte urged caution and warned his players not to let their intensity drop off. "We've got five in a row and it's important, but we're just getting started," he said. "We must continue with the same desire, trying to improve ourselves. If you want to be a protagonist and become a big and strong team, you need points, stability, certainties. We are trying to improve in this respect. We are not the first to win the first five games. This group was leader of the league two years ago and ended up in the Champions League only on the final day. Even with (Roberto) Mancini, it was like that. Good horses are only seen on arrival."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician