Van de Beek set to sign improved Ajax deal
Ajax want to reward Real Madrid target Donny van de Beek for last season's Champions League heroics with an improved deal.
Real Madrid target Donny van de Beek is set to sign a new contract with Ajax, according to reports in Holland.
As reported by Voetbal International, the Dutch club wants to reward the 22-year-old for his valuable contribution to their impressive Champions League run with an improved salary offer. However, the length of his contract will not be extended beyond 2022, with Voetball International stressing he may still very well leave the club at the end of the season.
Van de Beek: Real Madrid's Pogba 'Plan B'
Los Blancos were heavily linked with the Dutch midfielder in the summer as a ‘Plan B’ to Paul Pogba. However, AS understands Madrid postponed a move for the Ajax player on the request of coach Zinedine Zidane, who wanted the club to concentrate all efforts on Pogba in the final days of the transfer window.
The Bernabéu board still has Van de Beek high on its agenda and it is understood that it is in the mutual interest of both clubs to close a deal sooner rather than later. Ajax would love to tie him down, of course, although they are open to negotiation, aware of the difficulty of keeping him in Amsterdam.
As Ajax coach Erik Ten Haag explained back in August: “We will do everything in our power to keep him at Ajax. We don't want to lose him, but when clubs of [Madrid’s] calibre enter the situation, things get very difficult.”
Te recomendamos en English
- FA CUP FINAL 2021 Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City result, goals, summary, highlights | FA Cup Final 2021
- LaLiga Barcelona - Celta: times, TV & how to watch online
- Euro 2020 Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020
- NBA NBA: Mavericks coach stresses importance of avoiding play-in
- US News Where to get 12-15 year old kids vaccinated in New York
- NBA Doc Rivers: top seed part of journey to ultimate goal for 76ers