Trippier expecting "electric" Madrid derby
After the making the switch to Atlético in the summer, the England full-back is set to experience his first Madrid derby as a player.
Atlético Madrid defender Kieran Trippier has played in some big derby games in his career, but none, he admitted, were quite as big as the one he is set to play against Real Madrid.
As a Tottenham player, Trippier played in several highly charged North London derbies against Arsenal. After the making the switch to Atlético in the summer, the England full-back is set to experience his first Madrid derby as a player and spoke to Omnisport about his excitement ahead of the “electric” tie at the Wanda Metropolitano.
Trippier expecting "lively atmosphere"
“I’m very excited. I’ve noticed before the games in LaLiga, you see how many fans are outside the stadium. So, I feel like [Saturday] will be extra special against Real Madrid,” said the 29-year-old.
“It’s another derby that I’m looking forward to playing in. I’ve played in some big derbies in my career before in England, but I’m expecting this one to be electric.
“In the games that I’ve played in at the stadium this season, the fans have been incredible so to play against Real Madrid tomorrow, the fans are going to be even more vocal. So I’m expecting a lively atmosphere.”
Trippier has started and finished five of Atlético’s six LaLiga games this season. After having been rested for the 0-2 victory against Mallorca mid-week, the Englishman is expected to be recalled to Diego Simeone’s starting XI for the clash with Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week