Piqué and Todibo in defence for Barcelona against Sevilla
With Lenglet sent off against Getafe, Valverde will have to turn to the young French defender for matchday eight.
Barcelona coach Valverde has problems for matchday eight of LaLiga after Lenglet was sent off in the 2-0 win against Getafe. That means he'll be suspended for Sevilla's visit to the Camp Nou on Sunday 6 October (21:00 CEST), and Barça will likely line up with Todibo alongside Piqué in defence.
Todibo came on against Getafe
The 19-year-old French defender came on for his first five minutes of LaLiga action this season in the Coliseum this afternoon. He played 158 minutes last season after joining in the winter transfer market from Toulouse.
With Lenglet suspended, and Umtiti injured with a bone fissure in his right foot, Valverde's only option is Todibo.
Barcelona beat several clubs to Todibo
Barça were delighted when they signed Todibo from Toulouse, getting in ahead of several big clubs who were also keen to land him, including Juventus. The player was under contract until 30 June, but Barcelona paid one million euros to pick him up in January 2019, with Toulouse saying they wouldn't play him in the second half of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"