Piqué and Todibo in defence for Barcelona against Sevilla
With Lenglet sent off against Getafe, Valverde will have to turn to the young French defender for matchday eight.
Barcelona coach Valverde has problems for matchday eight of LaLiga after Lenglet was sent off in the 2-0 win against Getafe. That means he'll be suspended for Sevilla's visit to the Camp Nou on Sunday 6 October (21:00 CEST), and Barça will likely line up with Todibo alongside Piqué in defence.
Todibo came on against Getafe
The 19-year-old French defender came on for his first five minutes of LaLiga action this season in the Coliseum this afternoon. He played 158 minutes last season after joining in the winter transfer market from Toulouse.
With Lenglet suspended, and Umtiti injured with a bone fissure in his right foot, Valverde's only option is Todibo.
Barcelona beat several clubs to Todibo
Barça were delighted when they signed Todibo from Toulouse, getting in ahead of several big clubs who were also keen to land him, including Juventus. The player was under contract until 30 June, but Barcelona paid one million euros to pick him up in January 2019, with Toulouse saying they wouldn't play him in the second half of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?