Atlético Madrid claim Sergio Ramos insulted assistant referee
Simeone was livid that Ramos verbally abused the official but no action was taken.
As soon as the half-time whistle went in the Atlético Madrid v Real Madrid derby at the Wanda Metropolitano, Simeone, with a face like thunder, went straight over to referee González González to complain vociferously.
Ramos allegedly abused assistant referee
Atlético Madrid sources later confirmed that the Simeone was angry that Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos had insulted one of the assistant referees, but no action had been taken. According to Atleti, Ramos had said in Spanish "La puta que te parió", literally, "the whore that bore you", usually translated as "son of a bitch" or similar.
The tension at the end of the first half over the alleged insult saw a mild scuffle break out in the tunnel.
Simeone on Ramos incident
Asked about the incident after the game Simeone said, "What happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch. The assistant referee knows what Ramos said."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?