Simeone: "The linesman knows what Sergio Ramos said"
Diego Simeone was asked about alleged comments made to one of the match officials by Sergio Ramos during Saturday's derby.
Atlético de Madrid head coach Diego Simeone claimed the "linesman knows" what Sergio Ramos said as the Real Madrid captain found himself at the controversy. Ramos reportedly insulted the linesman during Saturday's goalless draw between city rivals Atlético and Real Madrid at the Wanda Metropolitano, where no action was taken amid the allegations. Atlético's Diego Costa received an eight-game ban for abusing referee Jesus Gil Manzano in the club's defeat to Barcelona last season.
Asked about Ramos' comments, Simeone told reporters: "What happens on the pitch stays on the pitch, but the linesman knows what he said."
Madrid remain top of the table
Neither Atlético nor Madrid could find a way through in the Spanish capital, where the points were shared. The result left Madrid a point clear atop the table after seven games, ahead of neighbours Atlético.
"In the first half we were dominating the game and we couldn't find any solutions [in finding a goal] at the end," Simeone said. "We're having a hard time in that aspect. In the second half, [Jan] Oblak saved [Karim] Benzema's header. It was a tight game, with both of us missing what it takes to win the match."
Benzema denied by Oblak
Karim Benzema nearly snatched the victory for Madrid with his headed effort 15 minutes from time, forcing a great save out of Atlético goalkeeper Jan Oblak. Oblak added: "We didn't risk much and neither did they. Neither of us wanted to lose, so I think a draw is the fair result. We'll improve in the next matches."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?