Juventus' Cuadrado braced for Serie A title battle with Inter
Juventus have a fight for the Scudetto on their hands, according to Juan Cuadrado, who described Inter as a "great team".
Juan Cuadrado expects Antonio Conte's fast-starting Inter to pose a genuine Serie A title threat to Juventus this season.
Inter overcame Alexis Sánchez's red card to beat Sampdoria 3-1 on Saturday and extend their winning start to six matches.
Juve earlier saw off SPAL 2-0 in Turin but remain two points adrift of the leaders ahead of next Sunday's crucial top-of-the-table clash at San Siro.
Inter "have everything", says Cuadrado
Colombia international Cuadrado has seen enough from the Nerazzurri to know his team will not be allowed to cruise to another Scudetto.
"Inter are a great team," Cuadrado told Sky Sport Italia.
"They have everything [required] to be up there. We have to keep fighting to stay ahead. It will be a great battle next Sunday and we hope to be at 100 per cent."
Cuadrado, 31, completed 90 minutes at right-back against SPAL, plugging a defensive gap following injuries to Danilo and Mattia De Sciglio.
Though naturally a winger, he will likely have to continue at the back until after the international break.
Cuadrado believes the recently retired Andrea Barzagli's return to the club in a technical coaching role can help hone the defensive side of his game.
"I've always played on the wing but I'm at the coach's disposal to give everything I can," the former Fiorentina and Chelsea man said.
"Even more so in this moment of emergency, I will try to give my best and do the defensive phase well.
"I've already talked with Barzagli about it. His experience will surely help."
Before the Inter match, Juve must negotiate a Champions League meeting versus Bayer Leverkusen on Tuesday.
Maurizio Sarri's men squandered a two-goal lead in drawing 2-2 at Atlético Madrid in their Group D opener.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?