AC Milan suffer their worst league start in eight decades
AC Milan have lost four of their opening six Serie A games for the first time since 1938-39, their worst start in 81 years, leaving coach Marco Giampaolo under pressure.
AC Milan head coach Marco Giampaolo is under significant pressure after his side lost their fourth game in six Serie A matches this season, marking their worst start to a campaign in 81 years. The last time a Rossoneri side lost four of their first six games of a Serie A season was in 1938-39, and the only previous occasion it occurred was in 1930-31.
Last chance for Giampaolo at Milan
Anything other than a victory at Genoa on Saturday could prompt the club's directors to call time on Giampaolo's tenure after just seven league games in charge, with the club 16th in the table as they head to Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris.
Giampaolo replaced Gennaro Gattuso as head coach at San Siro after the club finished fifth in Serie A in 2018-19, narrowly missing out on a place in this season's Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRANSFER STORIES PSG preparing huge offer for Guardiola
- REAL MADRID Zidane has got goals coming from everywhere
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "Chelsea can't always depend on Abraham for goals"
- Premier League Raul Jimenez out to make history with Wolverhampton
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool not greatest team yet, says Solskjaer
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Haaland "happy" and "relaxed" after Dortmund hat-trick debut