Iago Aspas hits injury-time 'Panenka' penalty straight at keeper
The Celta striker was inspired to take a penalty on 94 minutes like the great Antonin Panenka but it all went wrong, horribly, horribly wrong...
Anything Sergio Ramos can do... or perhaps not. When Celta were awarded a penalty in the 94th minute of Sunday's LaLiga meeting with Eibar at Ipurua, striker Iago Aspas drew inspiration from the great Czech penalty master Antonin Panenka, a maestro from 12 yards.
But Aspas unwittingly demostrated that taking a spot-kick á-la-Panenka isn't quite as easy as it might appear. He didn't get enough power on it, not enough lift and most importantly, it was straight at the keeper...
Might be better to stick to corners...
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem