Iago Aspas hits injury-time 'Panenka' penalty straight at keeper
The Celta striker was inspired to take a penalty on 94 minutes like the great Antonin Panenka but it all went wrong, horribly, horribly wrong...
Anything Sergio Ramos can do... or perhaps not. When Celta were awarded a penalty in the 94th minute of Sunday's LaLiga meeting with Eibar at Ipurua, striker Iago Aspas drew inspiration from the great Czech penalty master Antonin Panenka, a maestro from 12 yards.
But Aspas unwittingly demostrated that taking a spot-kick á-la-Panenka isn't quite as easy as it might appear. He didn't get enough power on it, not enough lift and most importantly, it was straight at the keeper...
Might be better to stick to corners...
Te recomendamos en English
- GALATASARAY 0-REAL MADRID 1 Zidane: "There's never an easy week at Real Madrid"
- GALATASARAY 0 - 1 REAL MADRID Marcelo says Real Madrid unlucky not to score two or three against Galatasaray
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool stars deserve Ballon d'Or nominations, says Klopp
- ATLÉTICO 1-0 BAYER LEVERKUSEN Simeone: "Aragonés, Caminero, Kiko... we've all been whistled"
- MANCHESTER CITY Rodri pulls up as Manchester City battle Atalanta
- Barcelona are not treating Slavia Prague lightly, insists Valverde