Iago Aspas hits injury-time 'Panenka' penalty straight at keeper
The Celta striker was inspired to take a penalty on 94 minutes like the great Antonin Panenka but it all went wrong, horribly, horribly wrong...
Anything Sergio Ramos can do... or perhaps not. When Celta were awarded a penalty in the 94th minute of Sunday's LaLiga meeting with Eibar at Ipurua, striker Iago Aspas drew inspiration from the great Czech penalty master Antonin Panenka, a maestro from 12 yards.
But Aspas unwittingly demostrated that taking a spot-kick á-la-Panenka isn't quite as easy as it might appear. He didn't get enough power on it, not enough lift and most importantly, it was straight at the keeper...
Might be better to stick to corners...
Te recomendamos en English
- LA GALAXY Nick Lima doesn’t believe Chicharito will make a difference
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer not fearing for job ahead of Tranmere trip
- BARCELONA Barcelona top dogs claim the team is confused and disorganised
- BARCELONA Barcelona to sign a striker as a smokescreen to placate fans
- Rumour Has It: PSG interested in Aubameyang amid Barcelona links
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega