Cardiff ordered to pay Nantes €6m for Sala
The FIFA Players' Status Committee has ordered Nantes should receive €6million from Cardiff City in relation to Emiliano Sala's transfer.
Cardiff City have been told by the FIFA Players' Status Committee to pay Nantes €6million for the late Emiliano Sala.
Decision made | Cardiff to pay Nantes
The striker became Cardiff's record signing when a deal was struck with the Ligue 1 club in January.
But before he made an appearance for City, the plane carrying Sala from France to Wales crashed and he was killed, along with pilot David Ibbotson.
Cardiff claimed the agreement to pay Nantes a £15million fee was not legally binding because conditions insisted upon by Nantes were not fulfilled.
The FIFA Players' Status Committee said on Monday the €6m Nantes should receive from Cardiff is "corresponding to the first instalment due".
A statement read: "The FIFA Players' Status Committee, which never lost sight of the specific and unique circumstances of this tragic situation during its deliberations on the dispute at stake, refrained from imposing procedural costs on the parties.
"The findings of the decision were notified to the parties concerned today."
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS SJ Earthquakes' Javier 'Chofis' López struggled to adapt to MLS
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Wednesday 23 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's candidates for a leader in the post-Ramos era
- FOOTBALL Sergio Ramos: Neymar key as PSG lead race for Real Madrid great
- NBA NBA: Bucks aim to take down Hawks in battle for the East
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: Detroit Pistons win top pick