Real Madrid: James out of Brugge game with knock, Bale rested
After picking up a knock, James has been omitted from Real Madrid's Champion League clash with Club Brugge as a precaution.
Gareth Bale and James Rodríguez were surprise absentees when Real Madrid on Monday announced their squad to face Club Brugge in the Champions League (Tuesday, 18:55 CEST).
Bale rested, James left out as precaution
It is understood that Bale has been left out to allow the Welshman to rest, while James' unexpected exclusion is for fitness reasons.
Having played just 13 minutes of Saturday's LaLiga draw with Atlético Madrid, the Colombian had appeared odds-on to start against Brugge, but AS has been told that he has been omitted from the Group A clash as a precaution after picking up a knock.
James expected to be OK to face Granada
The problem is not considered to be serious - indeed, James was able to complete training with the rest of the first-team squad on Monday - and the 28-year-old is expected to be fully fit for this Saturday's LaLiga week-eight match against Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"