Real Madrid: James out of Brugge game with knock, Bale rested
After picking up a knock, James has been omitted from Real Madrid's Champion League clash with Club Brugge as a precaution.
Gareth Bale and James Rodríguez were surprise absentees when Real Madrid on Monday announced their squad to face Club Brugge in the Champions League (Tuesday, 18:55 CEST).
Bale rested, James left out as precaution
It is understood that Bale has been left out to allow the Welshman to rest, while James' unexpected exclusion is for fitness reasons.
Having played just 13 minutes of Saturday's LaLiga draw with Atlético Madrid, the Colombian had appeared odds-on to start against Brugge, but AS has been told that he has been omitted from the Group A clash as a precaution after picking up a knock.
James expected to be OK to face Granada
The problem is not considered to be serious - indeed, James was able to complete training with the rest of the first-team squad on Monday - and the 28-year-old is expected to be fully fit for this Saturday's LaLiga week-eight match against Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"