Thomas Partey's house robbed in recent burglary epidemic
The Atlético Madrid player is the second in as many days to have his house robbed as the robbing of footballers' houses becomes a serious problem.
Thomas Partey has become the latest football player whose house has been robbed in recent months according to ESPNFC. This comes just days after Casemiro's house was robbed during the Madrid derby at the Wanda Metropolitano.
The ESPNFC report says it happened on Monday afternoon when the housekeeper was home. She was not harmed during the robbery much like Casemiro's family, who were also home when his house was robbed. The thieves rifled through their belongings and stole jewellery and electronic devices.
Thieves are using Instagram photos to piece together where and what to rob from the footballers. Most of the robberies have been contained within the larger metropolitan areas such as Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla.
Nobody has been harmed during the spare of recent robberies but the same piece suggests a fear of what is referred to as a 'magnet effect' as more amateur thieves get involved with the potential for more volatile occurences. Alvaro Morata moved house recently after his house was targetted when he was on international duty with Spain.
Partey joins an alarmingly long list of players to be robbed recently
Gabriel, Ramiro Funes Mori, Ezequiel Garay, Geoffrey Kondogbia, William Carvalho, Joaquin Sanchez, Alvaro Morata, Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Arthur, Isco, Zinedine Zidane, Lucas Vazquez, Philippe Coutinho, Casemiro, Samuel Umtiti.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Mourinho got a "special" message from Ed Woodward after landing Spurs job
- REAL MADRID Marcelo on Rodrygo, Vinicius and anxiety before Liverpool game
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pochettino's goodbye to Spurs player etched on blackboard
- REAL MADRID Eden Hazard: "At one point this summer I weighed 80 kilos"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans angry over Bale's "childish" antics - Calderon
- Premier League Mourinho's call for 'respect' as he sends warning to Klopp and Pep