Al Rayyan want to sign Diego Costa at all costs
AS understands that the Qatari club have held talks with the striker and want to sign him in January, and if that's not possible, they'll wait until the summer.
Al Rayyan, of the Qatar league, want to sign Diego Costa at any cost. AS have been told by sources close to the Qatari club that negotiations exist between the player and they want to sign the 30-year-old.
The Qatari side, managed by Turkish manager, Bülent Uygun, will push hard for his signature in winter. Atlético, however, don't want to lose the player midway through the season. They have him contracted until 2021 and he remains in their plans but they might facilitate his departure next summer.
Al Rayyan were very close to signing Mario Mandzukic but the negotiations broke down in the home stretch and the Croatian decided to remain with Juventus.
The potential departure of Costa, who is into his third season in his second stint at the club, could open the door to a long-held dream transfer for Enrique Cerezo: Edinson Cavani, who looks like he could leave PSG at the end of the season after the arrival of Mauro Icardi.
Costa turns 31 on October 7 and is one of the players Diego Simeone relies most heavily on. He hasn't started the season well though with just one goal in six games. Atlético Madrid in general haven't been great either in that regard with just seven goals in six games.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: 20 January could be a key date for a new round of payments
- US Election 2020 Biden announces first nominations for White House cabinet
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in December?
- us news US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, results, cases, latest news
- Champions League Juventus vs Ferencvaros: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- FOOTBALL Zlatan Ibrahimovic attacks EA Sports for using his image