"Keylor Navas is not a great goalkeeper" - Bernard Lama
The former Paris Saint-Germain stopper spoke about the Costa Rican currently occupying the role between the sticks for the Ligue 1 champions.
Bernard Lama has never been an admirer of Keylor Navas. The legendary PSG goalkeeper, who won four titles in Paris through the 90s, has always been clear on his postion when asked about the new stopper, brought in from Real Madrid in the summer.
Keylor not for Lama
“For me, Keylor Navas is not a great goalkeeper.
“I've always said that he's a good goalkeeper but I don't consider him to be one of the best. The good thing for PSG is that the goalkeeping situation has been resolved, as the first choice stopper has not been clear in recent years.”
It is not the first time that Lama has thrown some shade at Navas. In 2015, when rumours came out about a possible move to PSG, the former star was blunt enough to say that although he had some skills to offer the Ligue 1 giants, he lacked charisma.
To date, the Costa Rican hero has been performing well in Paris, including keeping a clean sheet in the opening Champions League group game against his former side. Indeed more questions have been asked about the man who was left behind at the Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP