Zidane subs Courtois for Areola at half-time against Brugge
The Real Madrid coach took his Belgian keeper off after 45 minutes in the Champions League game against Brugge.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was taken off at half-time in their Champions League match against Brugge, with new keeper Alphonse Areola coming on in his place, with the Belgian visitors leading 2-0.
Courtois' form in doubt
Courtois, whose form has been questioned in recent weeks, was not entirely at fault for either of Brugge's two goals, but did little on the first, going left as Dennis managed to miskick the ball with his right foot with it then coming off his left leg and going in, and being beaten completely when Dennis, again, stumbled and somehow recovered to chip home for the second.
According to sources within Real Madrid, Courtois was feeling dizzy and suffering from stomach pains, with that being the reason he was substituted.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?