Zidane subs Courtois for Areola at half-time against Brugge
The Real Madrid coach took his Belgian keeper off after 45 minutes in the Champions League game against Brugge.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was taken off at half-time in their Champions League match against Brugge, with new keeper Alphonse Areola coming on in his place, with the Belgian visitors leading 2-0.
Courtois' form in doubt
Courtois, whose form has been questioned in recent weeks, was not entirely at fault for either of Brugge's two goals, but did little on the first, going left as Dennis managed to miskick the ball with his right foot with it then coming off his left leg and going in, and being beaten completely when Dennis, again, stumbled and somehow recovered to chip home for the second.
According to sources within Real Madrid, Courtois was feeling dizzy and suffering from stomach pains, with that being the reason he was substituted.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time