Zidane subs Courtois for Areola at half-time against Brugge
The Real Madrid coach took his Belgian keeper off after 45 minutes in the Champions League game against Brugge.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was taken off at half-time in their Champions League match against Brugge, with new keeper Alphonse Areola coming on in his place, with the Belgian visitors leading 2-0.
Courtois' form in doubt
Courtois, whose form has been questioned in recent weeks, was not entirely at fault for either of Brugge's two goals, but did little on the first, going left as Dennis managed to miskick the ball with his right foot with it then coming off his left leg and going in, and being beaten completely when Dennis, again, stumbled and somehow recovered to chip home for the second.
According to sources within Real Madrid, Courtois was feeling dizzy and suffering from stomach pains, with that being the reason he was substituted.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January