Zidane critical of Real Madrid's first half against Brugge
The Real Madrid coach said he was disappointed about going down 2-0 by half-time but happy with the reaction of his side to take a point from the Champions League match.
Zinedine Zidane spoke after Real Madrid's 2-2 draw against Brugge at the Bernabéu in Group A of the Champions League, and accepted the first half had been a disaster for his side, although he admitted to being pleased with the reaction of his side to come back to earn an important point.
A 2-2 draw against Brugge at home?
It's a bad result, but the reaction was good. I can't be happy with the first half. We've never had a 45 minutes like that, but I'll take the reaction. At the end of the day I'm not happy with one point - we should have had three - but I'm happy with the reaction.
How do you explain the first half?
You've seen the goal we gave away - it was a bit of a joke. It's not that we started badly but then we didn't concentrate when the opposition were able to hurt us. When they score first they grow in confidence, we fell away a bit and the second goal happened. In the end I'd rather think about the second 45. We can't be happy, but you need to always think about the positive.
We've got 45 minutes to change this, if we don't change anything we'll lose the match. And I think they changed it, how they got stuck in, their attitude, the feeling of wanting to win the match.
Tiny margin of error in the Champions League
We'll see. Now we've got a Liga game on Saturday and we'll see in the next Champions League game. We're in a slightly worse situation, it's not changed much, but we'll keep going.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Can you drink alcohol after taking a covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPICS 100 days until Tokyo games: Spitz urges Olympics to allow 'rightful opportunity to speak out'
- OLYMPICS Dibaba: Olympics would be "more comfortable" if athletes were vaccinated before Tokyo
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- US POLICING Former Minnesota police officer to be charged with manslaughter for the killing of Daunte Wright
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes