Martin Ødegaard eyed as Mesut Özil's Arsenal replacement
Reports in Spain state that there are a number of top-level clubs keeping tabs on how Real Madrid decide to manage the future of their loan star.
Martin Ødegaard has been catching the eye in spectacular fashion in the early part of this season's LaLiga. And that form appears to have some big-name Premier League clubs, and others, interested in acquiring his services.
Ødegaard for Özil
Still on the books of Real Madrid, the now-20-year old returned to Spain for this campaign after spells abroad but remained out on loan, this time with Real Sociedad. The Basque fans are getting to see the ability of the so-called teenage sensation when he was first snapped up by Los Blancos and, according to El Desmarque, this now has Arsenal boss Unai Emery casting some admiring glances in his direction.
With Mesut Özil seen to be surplus to requirements at the Emirates, the Norwegian is reported to be the ideal replacement. Whether the London club can find someone to take on all, or part, of the German's £350,000-a-week salary is another matter, as is the question of convincing the Spanish giants to let go a youngster that they invested much in.
If he doesn't form part of Zidane's plans - assuming that the French coach remains in charge - Arsenal can expect to be paying upwards of 70-million euros to secure the midfielder's signature.
The Spanish site also states that Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan and Atlético Madrid are keeping their eye close to the situation, while Pep Guardiola may pounce given the opportunity, as he looks to find a long-term replacement at Man City for the soon-to-depart David Silva.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals