Cristiano Ronaldo’s exercise regime and diet
At 34 years old the Juventus and Portugal star is still in fine physical form - he's the fastest player in the Juventus squad - thanks to his special fitness regime.
Cristiano Ronaldo, now 34 years old, is still in magnificent shape - he’s the fastest player in the Juventus squad. And his fine form is thanks in part to his habits and fitness regime, all based around his fearsome willpower.
Cristiano Ronaldo's strict diet
The Juventus star is particularly demanding with his diet, but he’s not just careful with what he eats and how much of each portion. He’s also incredibly strict in terms of how he divides up his day between training and rest and relaxation.
Cristiano Ronaldo has six separate meals a day, based around a diet of protein and carbohydrates, principally pasta and chicken - always cooked without oil or salt. The only drink the Portuguese star allows himself is water, except for a fruit juice at breakfast, normally pineapple or orange juice.
Detailed training plans
Ronaldo’s workouts are designed to the very last detail. In addition to his training sessions at Juventus, the striker follows his own specific programme. Five gym sessions a week, plus pilates and swimming. His main problem is his desire to keep himself in shape sees his personal trainers forced to intervene to stop him overtraining, although given his physical potential it can be hard for them to know where to set the limit.
Sleep is also a vital component of a healthy life and Ronaldo aims to get eight hours a night - dropping off and getting up at the same time every day. He also has a siesta, which has been shown to have various health benefits, every day, after his fourth meal.
Spartan discipline in his training and a strict dietary regime are Cristiano Ronaldo’s keys to maintaining himself in peak condition, although he has now started talking of his possible retiral.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE What is the lowest minimum wage in the US and what did Trump and Biden say about raising it?
- Coronavirus FDA approves coronavirus drug treatment: how does remdesivir help fight covid-19?
- US Election 2020 What did Trump and Biden say about North Korea, Russia, China and Iran in the debate?
- CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CLASICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Clásico preview, team news, predicted XIs