Cristiano Ronaldo's dietary influence on rising star Haland
Erling Haland, the 19-year-old striker for Rb Salzburg scored once again after coming on at Anfield, and there may be secrets to his success.
Erling Braut Haland. The Norwegian's name went down in history in the summer when he scored nine goals for his country in the U-20 World Cup in Poland. Oh, and those goals all came in the same game, a triple hat-trick. As his fledgling career takes off, a story has emerged about the player's diet, and a goalscorer's influence.
Cristiano's fishy influence
Following his summer exploits the striker made his move to RB Salzburg and has quickly become one of the stars of the Champions League.
On his debut, in his side's opening group game, he scored a hat-trick against Genk, the team that held Serie A challengers Napoli to a scoreless draw in the second game. On Wednesday, against the competition holders, and current Premier League leaders, Liverpool, he started on the bench due to illness but came on to bring the scores level at Anfield. The 19-year old's father, former Manchester City player Alfie Haaland, says his son has always known his objectives.
"Erling has always been talented. You see lots of talented young players, but not all of them have the determination," the proud father said in an interview with ESPN.
"I have always seen hunger in Erling. From a young age, 11 or 12, he would go out on his own to an indoor hall, practice his skills and play against older boys. He always had that inner will to make himself better.
"Maybe that is what he inherited from me, because I never had his talent. I had to be determined to make it in the game. But Erling made all the sacrifices, leaving home at 16 to move to Molde, and he is a lot more professional than I was.
"He was told a story by Patrice Evra about a lunch he had with Ronaldo, and Cristiano had fish, nothing else. Erling now tries to do the same things because Ronaldo is 34 and still at the top of the game, so it shows the value of doing the right things." This comes on the back of stories explaining the Juventus star's current strict regime.
Premier League and Zlatan inspiration
With attention growing on the young striker, his club RB Salzburg has been trying to downplay any talk of him leaving soon for pasture new, recently publishing an interview with him.
"I am very happy in Salzburg. I must continue to improve and score goals.
"The Premier League has always been my inspiration, the tournament that attracts me most."
When asked who his idol was, Erling was clear - Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
"Ibrahimovic is the biggest one for me. How he became so good, the [path] he took, the way he plays.
"Also, he is Scandinavian, so someone has to take over from him."
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?