Courtois misses Real Madrid training and may be out for Granada match
The Belgian goalkeeper, under pressure after his recent performances, worked out indoors at Madrid’s training facilities.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is a doubt for the LaLiga match against Granada on Saturday (16:00 CEST) in the Bernabéu. The Belgian is the centre of attention right now at the Spanish giants after yet another poor performance against Brugge in the Champions League, before he was subbed off at half-time with stomach problems.
Courtois misses training
Courtois didn’t train with the group this morning, Thursday, and worked out on his own inside Madrid’s training facilities.
Given Courtois’ absence from the training session, Zidane called upon the services of Castilla keeper Diego Altube. Meanwhile, Alphonse Areola, who recently joined from PSG and who performed well in the second half against Brugge, looks in line to take the starting spot on Saturday.
Real Madrid away from home
If Courtois’ absence is confirmed for the next Liga match, the Belgian keeper won’t be back at the Bernabéu at the earliest until the end of October. After the international break (which runs from 7 October to 16 October), Real Madrid have a run of three games away from home: Mallorca and Barcelona in LaLiga, and a trip to Istanbul to play Galatasaray in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Emmy Awards Which shows have won the most Emmys of all time?
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US News Ruth Bader Ginsburg death: Trump vows to fill vacancy "without delay"
- ROSH HASHANAH Rosh Hashanah Jewish holiday 2020: what does ‘Shana Tova’ mean?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?