Courtois misses Real Madrid training and may be out for Granada match
The Belgian goalkeeper, under pressure after his recent performances, worked out indoors at Madrid’s training facilities.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is a doubt for the LaLiga match against Granada on Saturday (16:00 CEST) in the Bernabéu. The Belgian is the centre of attention right now at the Spanish giants after yet another poor performance against Brugge in the Champions League, before he was subbed off at half-time with stomach problems.
Courtois misses training
Courtois didn’t train with the group this morning, Thursday, and worked out on his own inside Madrid’s training facilities.
Given Courtois’ absence from the training session, Zidane called upon the services of Castilla keeper Diego Altube. Meanwhile, Alphonse Areola, who recently joined from PSG and who performed well in the second half against Brugge, looks in line to take the starting spot on Saturday.
Real Madrid away from home
If Courtois’ absence is confirmed for the next Liga match, the Belgian keeper won’t be back at the Bernabéu at the earliest until the end of October. After the international break (which runs from 7 October to 16 October), Real Madrid have a run of three games away from home: Mallorca and Barcelona in LaLiga, and a trip to Istanbul to play Galatasaray in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus