Qarabag-Dudelange game suspended after drone flies onto field with Armenian flag
The game between the sides in the Europa League at the Stade Josy Barthel was suspended as the drone flew onto the field with the Armenian flag.
The Europa League clash between Dudelange and Qarabag was momentarily suspended after a drone flew onto the pitchwith what looked like the Armenian flag. The game was held at Stade Josy Barthel in Luxembourg.
The violence in the Nagorno-Karabakh region has displaced more than a million people from their homes, and hundreds of thousands from Aghdam, where Qarabag was based. Some have fled east to Baku, while a significant number of people relocated to the refugee camps. https://t.co/7AcSWOkSly— Fuad Alakbarov (@DrAlakbarov) October 3, 2019
The visiting side, Qarabag, tried to immediately get the drone down but the game did have to be stopped.
The territorial dispute between Azerbaijan and Armenia has been ongoing for years with a cease-fire in 1994 being broken in 2016. Most recently, Henrikh Mkhitaryan could not travel to the Europa League final in Baku, Azerbaijan given his status as an Armenian for fear that he would
Qarabag and Dudelange are in the same group as Sevilla and APOEL Nicosia.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 E3 2021 schedule: dates, times, conferences, livestreams and showcases by day
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?