Lingard injury compounds Manchester United's struggles
After missing out on the England squad, Jesse Lingard suffered a hamstring injury in action for Manchester United against AZ.
Manchester United's injury crisis has worsened after Jesse Lingard was forced off with a hamstring issue in the Europa League draw against AZ.
Lingard, who missed out on a call up to Gareth Southgate's England squad on Thursday, came on as a 77th-minute substitute in the goalless stalemate, replacing Mason Greenwood.
However, his cameo lasted just 14 minutes before he had to be withdrawn after pulling up, with the attacking midfielder clutching his right hamstring as United ended the match with 10 men.
The injury compounds another frustrating performance for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side, who were already shorn of Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial.
Marcus Rashford – who featured against Arsenal on Monday despite sustaining an injury in the September 22 defeat at West Ham – also came off the bench, and was unfortunate not to win a penalty, with referee Gediminas Mazeika dismissing United's appeals.
Solskjaer revealed it is unlikely Lingard will be available for selection on Sunday, as United aim to end a seven-match winless streak in away league fixtures when they face Newcastle United.
"I think he felt his hamstring a little bit. I don't think it's too serious," Solskjaer told MUTV. "Probably not Newcastle but he will be ready for Liverpool."
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?