Barcelona: Rapinoe open to offers amid LaLiga links
The Best FIFA Women's Player award winner has been linked with a move to Spain but the USA star has played down the speculation.
Megan Rapinoe does not understand why speculation she could join Barcelona has spread like "wildfire", but she is open to offers.
The World Cup winner suggested in a recent interview with beIN SPORTS that she would like to play in Spain by the end of her career.
Barcelona board member Maria Teixidor indicated Rapinoe was an option for the club but indicated her wage demands could make a move difficult.
Reign FC star Rapinoe, however, appeared to row back on her earlier comments after playing for the United States in a 2-0 defeat of South Korea.
"I was like, 'what did I say?', I don't remember saying that, but who knows because sometimes I say stuff," Rapinoe told reporters.
"I was like, 'did I say I was going there?', I just thought I was open to all offers as always. I'll entertain anything that has dollar signs next to it.
"It is interesting though. It's cool to see all of these teams jumping in and seeing that interest, if there is interest, to see it from foreign teams about players.
"Hopefully, that becomes more normal, with interest in players coming over to our league and vice-versa. It's going to be hard to lure us away from the travelling circus that we all partake in."
Rapinoe, though, said her family were keen on a potential move to Spain.
She added: "My mom and dad were already like, 'here we are over wine, living out our pipe dream in Barcelona for a year', and I was like 'what? What are we talking about?'.
"But I don't know. It might be nice, that two-bedroom apartment."
Rapinoe won both the Golden Ball and the Golden Boot as Jill Ellis' USA side defended their World Cup crown earlier this year, then she collected the Best FIFA Women's Player award last month.
Te recomendamos en English
- GALATASARAY 0-REAL MADRID 1 Zidane: "There's never an easy week at Real Madrid"
- GALATASARAY 0 - 1 REAL MADRID Marcelo says Real Madrid unlucky not to score two or three against Galatasaray
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool stars deserve Ballon d'Or nominations, says Klopp
- ATLÉTICO 1-0 BAYER LEVERKUSEN Simeone: "Aragonés, Caminero, Kiko... we've all been whistled"
- MANCHESTER CITY Rodri pulls up as Manchester City battle Atalanta
- Barcelona are not treating Slavia Prague lightly, insists Valverde