Real Madrid left with no left-backs against Granada
Courtois remains out with stomach problems while Marcelo and Mendy trained in the gym as Zidane faces a crisis in defense ahead of Granada game.
Zidane's problems heading into the Granada at the weekend include not having Thibaut Courtois or Marcelo in the final training session before the game. The Belgian goalkeeper remains sidelined with stomach problems, which forced him to be withdrawn at half-time. The club have released a statement saying it was not anxiety that he was suffering from but the fact remains that he is not available for Zidane. Madrid had planned for that but the absence of a left-back is a new development.
Amongst those he was counting on was Marcelo, which leaves Zidane without a left-back. Ferland Mendy remains out injured and Nacho also injured his knee in the game on Tuesday, ruling him out for a nunber of weeks. The manager did not call any defenders up from Castilla (Fran Garcia and Javi Hernandez are the two options from the reserves) but did call two keepers in Belman and Altube. The latter will be on the bench against Granada.
The training session consisted of 23 players including the two keepers from Castilla. Zidane has solved his midfield injury crisis with six midfielder available including Casemiro, Modric, Kroos, Isco, James and Valverde. The problem now is his defense with no natural left-back or anyone who can even step in as it looks like he will have to improvise for the afternoon game on Saturday.
We might also see rotations as Kroos and Casemiro have played the most minutes of anyone in the squad and could do with a rest. The German has played in 99% of total minutes this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch