Real Madrid left with no left-backs against Granada
Courtois remains out with stomach problems while Marcelo and Mendy trained in the gym as Zidane faces a crisis in defense ahead of Granada game.
Zidane's problems heading into the Granada at the weekend include not having Thibaut Courtois or Marcelo in the final training session before the game. The Belgian goalkeeper remains sidelined with stomach problems, which forced him to be withdrawn at half-time. The club have released a statement saying it was not anxiety that he was suffering from but the fact remains that he is not available for Zidane. Madrid had planned for that but the absence of a left-back is a new development.
Amongst those he was counting on was Marcelo, which leaves Zidane without a left-back. Ferland Mendy remains out injured and Nacho also injured his knee in the game on Tuesday, ruling him out for a nunber of weeks. The manager did not call any defenders up from Castilla (Fran Garcia and Javi Hernandez are the two options from the reserves) but did call two keepers in Belman and Altube. The latter will be on the bench against Granada.
The training session consisted of 23 players including the two keepers from Castilla. Zidane has solved his midfield injury crisis with six midfielder available including Casemiro, Modric, Kroos, Isco, James and Valverde. The problem now is his defense with no natural left-back or anyone who can even step in as it looks like he will have to improvise for the afternoon game on Saturday.
We might also see rotations as Kroos and Casemiro have played the most minutes of anyone in the squad and could do with a rest. The German has played in 99% of total minutes this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?
- EURO 2020 Germany's Goretzka in race against time for Euros
- EUROPA LEAGUE Manchester United: Harry Maguire doubtful for Europa League final
- STIMULUS CHECKS How much were the first, second and third stimulus checks and when were they sent out?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: have all payments been issued and paid?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's continual struggles against top teams