Real Madrid: Zidane's pre-match press conference in quotes
The Real Madrid manager says things aren't as bad as people are saying they are as he discusses the Granada game and Courtois' absence.
Whistles for Courtois: "It is what it is, and he knows that. He is strong, he knows he can turn the situation around. The first half the other day is about everyone, you can't keep going over it. You have to think about the next game."
Debate about starting goalkeeper: "Here there is always debates. I am counting on all of the players. Here there are no undroppable players, not Courtois or anybody. The people can talk about Courtois' errors but for three games in a row, he kept a clean sheet and that was him. We will keep looking forward, we have a game tomorrow and we'll see."
Did you speak with Courtois? "I can always speak with players. I didn't speak with him specifically about the whistles against Brugge. We know what we did."
Doubts: "I am not here to understand it. We know the situation. We are not as bad as people outside are saying but this is Real Madrid. It won't change what people say. We are focused on what we can do on the field. We have a game tomorrow to stay first at the end of the game."
Return for Bale and the fines: "That stays within the group. You have information that you don't need to have."
Bale at full-back: "The truth is that I haven't thought for a second about that."
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"