Tuchel confirms new Mbappé injury
PSG star Kylian Mbappe has only just returned from a month-long spell on the sidelines but is now facing more time out of action.
Thomas Tuchel has revealed Kylian Mbappe will miss Saturday's Ligue 1 clash with Angers due to injury, leaving him a major doubt for France's Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Mbappe has featured as a second-half substitute in PSG's last two matches after shaking off a hamstring problem that had ruled him out for a month.
However, the 20-year-old aggravated the injury during his 30 minutes on the field in Tuesday's 1-0 win at Galatasaray and is now facing another spell on the sidelines.
Didier Deschamps named Mbappe in France's 23-man squad for this month's qualifiers against Iceland and Turkey, but the talented young forward may now be forced to withdraw.
"I can tell you Kylian will not be with us," Tuchel said at his pre-match news conference.
"It is not a relapse, but a reaction between the wound and the nerve.
"I understand time is needed to treat the wound. I have not spoken with Didier Deschamps about Kylian."
PSG have been without record goalscorer Edinson Cavani since their 4-0 win over Toulouse at the end of August, while Julian Draxler, Thilo Kehrer and Colin Dagba are all out of this weekend's clash at the Parc des Princes.
Ready for the Champions League pic.twitter.com/nEzGJHffIH— Kylian Mbappé (@KMbappe) September 30, 2019
Asked for an update on the fitness of Cavani, who has returned to training, Tuchel said: "Honestly, I do not know. He is with us and is not in pain, but he told me he does not feel 100 per cent comfortable.
"He is not completely free from injury. We'll wait until after today's training session to decide on him."
Presnel Kimpembe is PSG's other representative in France's latest squad after earning a recall for the world champions with his return to form and fitness in recent weeks.
"He is ready to play for France," Tuchel said. "I am very, very happy for him. He deserves this. He has worked very professionally and is in a good spell."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: WHO approves Sinopharm | Efficacy, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- ENTERTAINMENT Jupiter's Legacy cast: who is who in the Netflix series?
- MOTHER'S DAY 2021 Do florists deliver flowers on Mother’s Day? What are the most common flowers?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?