Barcelona v Real Madrid: Tebas defends el Clásico kick-off time
The Clásico between Barcelona and Real Madrid will kick off at 13:00 CET, with LaLiga chief Javier Tebas explaining the decision.
LaLiga president Javier Tebas believes an early kick-off time for the Clásico between Barcelona and Real Madrid allows more people around the world to tune in.
The October 26 clash between the LaLiga rivals will take place at Camp Nou with a kick-off time of 13:00 CET (12:00 BST).
With both sides in Champions League action during the preceding week, Barça will have a day less recovery time than Madrid after returning from Slavia Prague.
Tebas indicated the decision to hold the Clásico early in the day was made with Asian television markets in mind.
"Now you put a Clásico at one o'clock and you can see it in more places across the world," he said on Friday.
"Our international work consists of that. If we don't put it at that time, in Asia they won't be able to watch it.
"It's Spanish football but it's no longer only for Spanish people. There are fans all over the world.
"In El Salvador they tell us that they will be sleeping on Saturday at one o'clock. We can't please everyone."
Tebas also responded to claims from the Spanish Football Federation that TV producers manipulated VAR images after Denis Cheryshev's goal was allowed to stand in Valencia's 1-0 win against Athletic Bilbao.
"I found it outrageous. No one doubts the system or the arbitrators," he said.
"The assessment will be made at the end of the season. It has been seven days. We have to wait.
"It would be bold to say that the system worked better or worse than last season. It was exaggerated."
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?