Barcelona v Real Madrid: Tebas defends el Clásico kick-off time
The Clásico between Barcelona and Real Madrid will kick off at 13:00 CET, with LaLiga chief Javier Tebas explaining the decision.
LaLiga president Javier Tebas believes an early kick-off time for the Clásico between Barcelona and Real Madrid allows more people around the world to tune in.
The October 26 clash between the LaLiga rivals will take place at Camp Nou with a kick-off time of 13:00 CET (12:00 BST).
With both sides in Champions League action during the preceding week, Barça will have a day less recovery time than Madrid after returning from Slavia Prague.
Tebas indicated the decision to hold the Clásico early in the day was made with Asian television markets in mind.
"Now you put a Clásico at one o'clock and you can see it in more places across the world," he said on Friday.
"Our international work consists of that. If we don't put it at that time, in Asia they won't be able to watch it.
"It's Spanish football but it's no longer only for Spanish people. There are fans all over the world.
"In El Salvador they tell us that they will be sleeping on Saturday at one o'clock. We can't please everyone."
Tebas also responded to claims from the Spanish Football Federation that TV producers manipulated VAR images after Denis Cheryshev's goal was allowed to stand in Valencia's 1-0 win against Athletic Bilbao.
"I found it outrageous. No one doubts the system or the arbitrators," he said.
"The assessment will be made at the end of the season. It has been seven days. We have to wait.
"It would be bold to say that the system worked better or worse than last season. It was exaggerated."
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?