Aubameyang's poor choice of words in Watzke disagreement
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has waded into the row between Hans-Joachim Watzke and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang chose the wrong tone and words in his row with Hans-Joachim Watzke, says Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc.
Auba and the wrong tone
After Watzke claimed money was the reason Aubameyang left BVB to join Arsenal in January 2018, the striker hit out at the Dortmund chief executive and called him a "clown" in a post on Twitter.
Watzke opted not to comment on the issue at a news conference on Friday but Zorc criticised the Gabon international.
"My feeling is that Auba took the wrong tone here and had the wrong choice of words," Zorc told reporters.
"Hans-Joachim Watzke did not say anything bad and did not mean anything bad.
"In the time Auba was with us, during four-and-a-half years, we have always stood behind him even in difficult situations.
"In that sense, I cannot understand now why he's had such a strong and exaggerated reaction."
Aubameyang departed Dortmund after four-and-a-half years to join the Gunners for a fee in the region of £56million (€63m).
He has since scored 39 times in the Premier League, though Arsenal missed out on Champions League qualification in their first season under Unai Emery.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?