Fernando Torres back with Atlético Madrid at the Wanda
El Niño will always get a warm welcome when he return to his boyhood club, and ahead of the trip to Valladolid he joined the boys for training.
The Atlético Madrid players worked out at the Wanda Metropolitano in their penultimate training session before heading up to Valladolid for their latest LaLiga test on Sunday. And this time they were able to greet a very welcome visitor, club legend Fernando Torres.
Torres back with Atleti
El Niño had already turned up in Majadahonda to give his best wishes to the current crop of rojiblancos before the derby against Real Madrid. Torres has been involved in several of those clashes and despite officially retiring from football on August 23 - when he played his last game with Sagan Tosu against Visel Kobe with Iniesta and Villa - he knew the importance of city bragging rights.
Since retiring the former Liverpool and Chelsea striker has been spending time in the Spanish capital, where he has taken the opportunity to be close to Atlético. Torres is yet to decide what his new project will be, although as he recently announced when speaking with AS, "I will return to Atlético, but for what I want to do I will need to learn."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?