Rodrygo and Isco back, as Lucas and Vinicius sit out for Madrid
Zinedine Zidane has named his matchday squad for the LaLiga visit of Granada to the Santiago Bernabéu, with three points a must on Saturday.
Real Madrid have announced the matchday squad list for Saturday's LaLiga game against Granada at the Santiago Bernabéu. The biggest news from Zinedine Zidane is that there is no place for Lucas Vázquez or Vinicius, which appears to be a tactical decision, while Rodrygo Goes is back in the fold. It's worth noting that the young Brazilian will still also be eligible to play with Castilla on Sunday.
Zidane's Madrid tweaking
Another expected absence from the side is goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who is said to be suffering from stomach problems. Instead, Areola will start after his surprise move from PSG at the end of the summer.
The missing forwards means an extra place in midfield, as Zidane adds a fully-recovered Isco to the side, alongside James, who missed the Champions League game against Brugge. Odriozola takes his place in the defence with Marcelo, Mendy and Nacho all missing.
Brahim and Mariano will have to make do again with a view from the player's box and they'll be joined by Lucas and Vinicius, who played their part midweek. A certain Welshman will be expected to arrive on time.
Real Madrid squad for Granada
Goalkeepers: Areola, Altube, Belman.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Sergio Ramos, Varane, Odriozola.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, James, Isco.
Forwards: Hazard, Benzema, Bale, Jović, Rodrygo.
You can follow the game live with AS English.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?