Rodrygo and Isco back, as Lucas and Vinicius sit out for Madrid
Zinedine Zidane has named his matchday squad for the LaLiga visit of Granada to the Santiago Bernabéu, with three points a must on Saturday.
Real Madrid have announced the matchday squad list for Saturday's LaLiga game against Granada at the Santiago Bernabéu. The biggest news from Zinedine Zidane is that there is no place for Lucas Vázquez or Vinicius, which appears to be a tactical decision, while Rodrygo Goes is back in the fold. It's worth noting that the young Brazilian will still also be eligible to play with Castilla on Sunday.
Zidane's Madrid tweaking
Another expected absence from the side is goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who is said to be suffering from stomach problems. Instead, Areola will start after his surprise move from PSG at the end of the summer.
The missing forwards means an extra place in midfield, as Zidane adds a fully-recovered Isco to the side, alongside James, who missed the Champions League game against Brugge. Odriozola takes his place in the defence with Marcelo, Mendy and Nacho all missing.
Brahim and Mariano will have to make do again with a view from the player's box and they'll be joined by Lucas and Vinicius, who played their part midweek. A certain Welshman will be expected to arrive on time.
Real Madrid squad for Granada
Goalkeepers: Areola, Altube, Belman.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Sergio Ramos, Varane, Odriozola.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, James, Isco.
Forwards: Hazard, Benzema, Bale, Jović, Rodrygo.
You can follow the game live with AS English.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia