Malcom dealing with "very delicate and sensitive injury"
Malcom has not played since Zenit's 2-0 win over Dinamo Moscow on August 10.
Malcom said he is dealing with a "very delicate and sensitive injury" as the Zenit star addressed his prolonged absence from the Russian giants.
A €45 million signing from Barcelona, Malcom has only featured twice since swapping the LaLiga champions for Zenit.
Brazilian forward Malcom has not played since Zenit's 2-0 win over Dinamo Moscow in the Russian Premier League on August 10.
"I have a very delicate and sensitive injury," the 22-year-old said in quotes attributed to the club.
"It seems that it hurts one day or two and then I don't feel pain, but when I shoot with a little more strength it hurts me again.
"The fans of the club shouldn't worry, [as] my recovery will be very fast and I will play again as soon as possible to give them joy.
"When I return, I will do my best as always. I want to play in the Champions League with Zenit."
This. This was special. It sure was good to be back last night, pic.twitter.com/xxHJ8wEIMR— FC Zenit in English(@fczenit_en) October 3, 2019
While Malcom is dealing with an injury, Zenit are fighting for championship honours in Russia and competing in the Champions League.
Defending champions Zenit have only lost two of their opening 11 games to be fifth and two points adrift of leaders CSKA Moscow.
Zenit also beat Benfica 3-1 on Wednesday to be top of Group G in the Champions League after two matchdays.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale